September 28th, 2017, SUNNYVALE, CA
Bekitzur is proud to announce that Thinfilm, a global leader in NFC mobile marketing and smart product solutions, helped a number of brewing companies and wineries to achieve greater sales, customer engagement and higher audience outreach using Thinfilm’s industry-leading NFC tech and software solutions developed by Bekitzur during summer 2017.
Coronado Brewing Company used Thinfilm-developed NFC Smart Coasters to promote CoastWise Session IPA which increased web conversions up to 17.5 times. This resulted in Thinfilm receiving North America Smarties 2017 award from Mobile Marketing Association.
Amplified Ale Works used Thinfilm NFC Smart Coasters in bars around the country to engage bar patrons into using its web-based craft beer shop and delivery service.
Thinfilm’s solution combines IoT (Internet of Things) technology and a cloud-based management portal that enables a unique approach to digital engagement in the physical world while generating valuable data to help Amplified Ale Works improve the overall customer experience.
Oskar Blues Brewery conducted an augmented rich-experience promotional campaign for its Dale’s Pale Ale Draft using Thinfilm Smart Coasters which were distributed nationwide. Oskar Blues was able to deliver a unique digital experience to bar patrons. Tapping a phone to the coaster takes users to a webpage that tells the Oskar Blues brand story and displays the artwork featured on the 16oz. Draft Can.
Thinfilm partnered with market leading Spanish winery Barbadillo to deliver 126,000 NFC-enabled smart bottles of Castillo de San Diego wine. They used SpeedTap™ tags and integration with CNECT Brand Analytics SaaS Platform. It is believed to be the largest global deployment of NFC to date within the wine and spirits industry.
Consumers were instructed to tap bottles of Castillo de San Diego with their smartphone to learn about the promotion, which offered the chance to win 12 distinct €1,000 prizes. This campaign was a huge success for Barbadillo and lead to impressive results:
- 54% of brand engagement generated during the multi-channel campaign was attributed to Barbadillo’s ‘smart’ wine bottles featuring Thinfilm’s NFC SpeedTap™ tags
- ‘Smart’ bottle interactions drove over 30% consumer purchase conversion, with 1-in-3 consumers interacting with the same bottle at multiple locations – in-store and post-purchase
- Compared to social platforms, consumer interaction with SpeedTap™ tags produced 10x higher traffic with 2.8x greater average time spent
- The ‘smart’ bottles achieved 4x higher engagement rate than display banner ads
- The campaign generated 2x the rate of growth in subscribers in Barbadillo’s database vs. previous online promotions supported by TV and other media
Bekitzur continues to help Thinfilm improve and support their solutions and bring all the benefits of integrated NFC-based marketing solutions to its partners and their clients.